Boundary Committee Update: 7/23/21
The District 204 Boundary Committee met on Wednesday, July 21 at Still Middle School. The meeting was facilitated by RSP & Associates and included a presentation and small group work in which committee members reviewed preliminary boundary scenarios. Considerations were made for how the options align with the guiding principles, boundary criteria and community factors.
Committee members were asked to provide their viewpoints on the following factors.
• Maximum time on a bus
• Minimal utilization standards
• Ideal demographic composition
• Ideal number of students impacted by a boundary change (total or for a school)
• Ideal building utilization
• Feeder (Complete/Incomplete)
The committee also discussed strategies for how to address lower functional capacity in the district.
To learn more about the boundary process and to review materials or watch the video from the July 21 meeting, visit 2021 Boundary Committee.